Content Management System
Content Management System (CMS) is critical to the success of almost every website and intranet systems; they have the potential to dramatically simplify the maintenance of both websites and intranets.
A content management system (CMS) covers the complete lifecycle of the pages on your site. CMS helps create, maintain, and publish web-based information.
It also allows you to easily manage the structure of the site, the appearance of the published pages, and the navigation provided to the users.
CMS has a wide range of benefits:
|- Reduced costs for site maintenance
- Increased security
- Greater consistency
- Greater capacity for growth
- Faster turnaround time for new pages and changes
|- Improved site navigation
- Increased site flexibility
- Streamlined authoring process
- Support for decentralised authoring
- Reduced duplication of information
CMS fully automates the publishing of your site!!
The functionality of a content management system can be broken down into several main categories:
1. Content creation At the front of a content management system is an easy-to-use authoring environment, designed to work like Word. This provides a non-technical way of creating new pages or updating content, without having to know any HTML.
2. Content managementOnce a page has been created, it is saved into a central repository in the CMS. This stores all the content of the site, along with the other supporting details. Here, CMS keeps track of all the versions of a page, and who changed what and when. At each step, the CMS manages the status of the page, notifying the people involved, and escalating jobs where required.
3. PublishingOnce the final content is in the repository, it can then be published out to either the website or intranet. CMS boost productivity by allowing the appearance and page layout modifications of the site to be applied automatically during publishing anytime and anywhere. These publishing capabilities ensure that the pages are consistent across the entire site, and enable a very high standard of appearance.
This also allows the authors to concentrate on writing the content, by leaving the look of the site entirely to the CMS
Verecom understands the essentialness of building an efficient, logical and integrated database for all business.
Contact us now to see how we can assist you with:
- E-Commerce Websites (shopping cart and payment system)
- Web Database Interfaces
- Online Catalogues
- Document Management Systems
- Procurement & Purchase Tracking Systems
- Corporate Databases (employees, equipment, information)
- Personalised Database Projects
- Computer Programming